To enable server-based SharePoint integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online) and SharePoint Online, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Document Management.
- Click Enable server-based SharePoint integration.
- The Enable server-based SharePoint integration page appears. Click Next.
- Under Select where your SharePoint sites are located make sure Online is selected, and then click Next.
- Enter the URL for the SharePoint site. The URL should appear similar to https://contoso.sharepoint.com. Click Next.
- When you see the confirmation message that server-side integration with SharePoint is complete, click the Open Document Management Settings Wizard check box and click Finish .
When you use the document management feature in Microsoft Dynamics 365 by using server-based SharePoint integration, the following information is transmitted between Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online) and SharePoint:
- Entity name for the entity that is used to create folders in SharePoint, such as Account, Article, or Lead. To configure the entities that are integrated, go to Settings > Document Management > Document Management Settings.