This integration is supported for both On-Premises and Online versions of Dynamics 365 and SharePoint. Follow these steps to enable client-to-server integration of Dynamics 365 Online with SharePoint Online:
1. Log on to Dynamics 365 as a user having the System Administrator security role and go to Settings > Document Management.
2. Click Install List Component. In the pop-up window that appears, download the list component for SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013. The SharePoint 2013 extract has three files: crmlistcomponent.wsp (the list component), AllowHtcExtn.ps1 (the PowerShell script), and mscrmsharepointeula.tx (the EULA). HTML components (.htc) files are not enabled on SharePoint 2013 by default. To enable HTC, you have to run AllowHtcExtn.ps1 on the SharePoint server. This step is not required for SharePoint Online. Open PowerShell and navigate to the folder where AllowHtcExtn.ps1 file is extracted. Type the following command and then press Enter:
3. Because SharePoint Online does not allow you to install solutions by default, log in to the Office 365 Admin Portal and click Admin > SharePoint in the left navigation pane.
4. In the new window that appears, click Settings on the left and then scroll down. Under Custom Script, click Allow Users to Run Custom Script on Self-service Created Sites. Click OK. The changes are made, but it may take up to 24 hours for them to be effective.
5. Log in to SharePoint and click the gear icon and then select Site Settings.
7. Click the Upload Solution button.
8. Click the Browse button and select the SharePoint 2013 list component file crmlistcomponent.wsp. Click OK. The Dynamics CRM list component is uploaded to SharePoint.
9. Click the Activate button to activate the solution and click the Close button to complete the installation.
When the solution is activated, the status appears as Activated in the Solution Gallery.
10. Go to Settings > Document Management in Dynamics 365 and click Document Management Settings. In the wizard that appears, select the entities for which you want document management to be enabled and provide the URL of the SharePoint site.
11. When the wizard asks you to select the Account or Contact entity for the folder structure, confirm your selection to continue.